Friday, June 15, 2007

My Day to Work

As is typical, my day didn't go as planned.

Bart gave me a day, as he is attempting to do, on Fridays to get some hours in for work.

Here's how it went. I got up at 6:40 because I was going to get a good start on the day. I showered and sat at my desk... for about 10 minutes until I was notified that the van Bart was planning to take had a flat. Then we also realized that even though Mike and Kari disrupted their kids sleep cycle for us the air conditioning was not working.

I had to get on the phone and take care of that. AAA did the tire -- took all of five minutes. Mike came over and couldn't find the problem, so we called the plumbing and heating place (had to try three of them) and he is coming over tonight and we will pay him overtime to fix it so we don't have to suffer over the weekend.

I had to try to figure out summer school for Monday because communication has not been good -- might even be my fault -- and that took twenty minutes of phone calls.

By this time, Tony was in my office crying because his throat hurt. This was day three so I scheduled a throat culture. He was begging to go with Bart, but since he had already tried to do active things the last two days and hadn't lasted long, Bart said no. He had a crying, whining, throw my papers from my desk to the floor fit. I resolved that. Took him to the doctor. Picked up Ricardo who was at Kari and Mike's spending the night with Adam, and came home.

Bart left soon after but it was now time for my post-placement visit. I had worked total of 10 minutes at the job I was going to focus on today. I did the visit, came back, and on the way had a mega big argument with grounded Salinda who snuck the phone while I was gone. Then I had to set up PCA for Tony.

Finally made it to the coffee shop (no thanks, not going to work from the home with no air and no oxygen because teenage girl had sucked it out of the air) a little afternoon. Actually did work for 3 hours and then went to buy something at the store and came home. Had several calls to make for things next week before things closed, an argument to finish with Salinda, and a huge meltdown of Jimmy's to observe and participate in. Dominyk went garage sale-ing to buy us anniversary gifts -- a humane society keychain for me, a steak knife for Bart. Can't ever have too many steak knives.

Then I blogged.

So, I put in three hours today.

But tonight our dear friends, Tim, Sue and Sarah have offered to feed our starving children while we go out for dinner and maybe something else. We'll see.

And the air conditioner guy just called and he's on the way. Good thing, too, because it's 88 degrees in here.

And Bart blogged.

No comments: