Saturday, June 02, 2007

From a Twin Cities Dunn Brothers

with Dominyk and Ricardo.

I decided that I was going to save money this morning and drive the car and not the van to our ENTIRE day of soccer in the Twin Cities. We have 9:30 and 6:30 games and very little money, so one way I decided to save a little was bring the van.

But then began a series of unfortunate events that shows that Murphy's law should really be called "Claudia's law."

We had cut it a little short and we had just enough time to make it without forgetting anything. So, we get about 10 minutes out of town and remember that the chairs are in the van. We do not have time to go back and get them so already we were looking at a day of soccer with no chairs.

We were about an hour out of town when I reached for my cell phone. Of course, it's off. It can't be charged. And, you guessed it, the charger is in the van.

I had printed off instructions on how to get to the game. They were in the car with us and I was following them perfectly. Until I wasn't. And then I needed the atlas to find where I was. Yup, you already guessed it.

When I finally did get us to the game we were an hour late, Ricardo was frustrated and I was mad at myself. They really needed him and I felt rotten because they lost 1-0 and Ricardo often is their scorer. Afterwards, I decided to call Bart and let him know about the cell phone charger and why I hadn't talked to him yet. So I reached for my phone card.... oh yeah, in the van.

So, I used my visa and told Bart and he told me to go ahead and buy another charger. So, an extra $5.00 of gas getting lost, a $10.00 charger and a visa phone call.... that's my definition of money saving.

And then we came here for a break and a chance for some internet and I was going to use my buy six get one free card that was almost filled out for Dunn Brothers.

But you know it's in that van....

1 comment:

debbie said...

Claudia, i just don't know where to start, i feel so bad, but you make me laugh!!!!