Sunday, June 17, 2007

Just How Many Tributes Can One Guy Get in a Week

Well, Bart has his birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day all in 8 days.

But everything I've said about what a great person he is and what a great husband he is is nothing compared to what a great father he is.

His patience is amazing. Sometimes when he is home he looks like the Pied Piper ... so many kids are following behind him. They always want to be with him. I am hoping it is because of his greatness, not because of how awful I am, but they always prefer to be with him.

As you know, he is the one in the kitchen, raising a generation of boys who will grow up to be men who can cook. He patiently leads them through things step by step over and over again.

As you know from our blogs, he spends lots of time with them, showing them things, taking them places, providing new experiences. Nightly walks with the dog include several children.

I could go on and on and on, but I'm running out of time. He's a great dad. And he deserves to see better results than we're seeing, but it's my hope and prayer that my faith will lead us to that time when he sees that what he has done HAS made all the difference in the world.

Happy Father's Day to one of the two best dads in the world (the other is my dad, who I probably better blog about later).

No comments: