Friday, June 08, 2007

Nothing Happened

Last night, nothing happened. Salinda was at a friends, but everyone else was here and at bedtime last night, everyone was fine. Nobody had a meltdown, nobody fought, everyone was cooperative. It was wonderful.

Today Bart is going on a field trip with several of the kids and I am staying home to work. I look forward to it.

I did a visit last night with a family who has had their kids for a couple weeks. The social worker from Texas that was there asked me afterwards if I had ever written down anywhere all of the "wonderful words of wisdom" that I had shared with the family.

So, today I am planning to start work on two blog series for the Everything Adoption blog about the characteristics of older children in care and the first month of placement.

That on top of the other things I need to do today. I think it would be helpful to some people though and I'm motivated to do it, so I better do it when the mood hits...

No comments: