Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Humorous Anecdote for the book

Again, feedback welcome, or even a complete rewrite if you think it is necessary and are inspired.

April 2000

It was 20 minutes before supper towards the end of a very long day. It seemed as though every child I called mine at that time was angry with me for one reason or another and I was exhausted.

Dominyk, four at the time, came into the kitchen asking for something to eat because he was just so hungry he couldn't take it any more.

"No honey," I said, in my most patient voice, "We'll be having supper in a little while."


"I HATE you, he exclaimed."

Feeling as though most everyone did at that moment, I sighed, "Oh Dominyk, join the club/"

"What, he screamed increduouslyy. "I don't want to be in your club. I hate you!

No comments: