Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Seldom Consult the Internet (other than blogs) for advice...

But there are a few interesting articles about raising teenage girls and read. I enjoyed reading that my daughter may be "typical." I thought this article about"raising a teenage girl was good" and the ending was great.

Most teens, girls and boys, are going to need emotional space one minute and some equivalent to a big bear hug the next and knowing when they need each is guesswork on everyone's part, including theirs


That was worth reading the article to find.

Surprisingly, Salinda was pleasant and conversational to and from therapy, and I worked out a plan with her therapist that just might allow her and us to survive the summer....

So I'm feeling encouraged for now about this particular issue. At least until I see her again (she's at a friend's).

No comments: