Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The End of the Washer Saga for now

Well, he got a little nicer. Still cussed some more though.

The tub is punctured again and the warranty doesn't cover that, but he is going to not charge us anyway. Which is good news. Bad news is that we are going to have to wait another week until that part comes in. Another 25-30 loads at the laundromat probably. Grrr.

Some people might think that a letter or call to Sears or the Better Business Bureau might be a good option to get better service. But we kind of have PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) about the BBB.

It's a story most of you have not heard.. in fact maybe none of you .. .because it happened many years ago. We had called Steam Brothers to have them come clean our carpets. We usually hired a local guy who had this super huge powervac that he brought with him and vacuumed the house first before he cleaned the carpet. So I didn't do a very good job of vacuuming, believing that all people did that.

Come to find out, the Steam Brothers guy believed that I should have had the house perfectly vacuumed. He came and disgustedly told me he would be back in 2 hours and I better have the house vacuumed well. Because we had a big event coming up and needed it cleaned, I busted my butt to get it cleaned. It was back in the height of my severe back pain, so getting the house done in those 2 hours was very very painful.

He never came back. Apparently the job was too hard (we had 7 little kids at the time and the carpets were quite dirty). I was so angry and in so much pain that Bart was very bothered by the whole thing. He wrote a very articulate letter that he put a lot of thought into about what had happened.

Three days later social services stopped by the house to do an inspection. They had received a call saying that we were living in filth. Hmmm. Wonder who could have made THAT call.

Their investigation was unsubstantiated, but very embarrassing and painful to endure.

And thus, we have Post Traumatic Stress about the Better Business Bureau.

And since the Sears guy turned out to agree to replace the parts without charging us, I guess I'll ignore his cursing and the fac that he was SMUG. Did I mention that I hate smug?

No comments: