Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Laundry Repair

WE have the same Sears guy here that we did almost two years ago and I am equally unimpressed. If you read that post you'll see that I just had a very hard time with him because he is SMUG. And I really do not like smug. In fact, I hate hate hate smug.

He's an older guy, probably mid-fifties, and I just heard him utter, in my house full of kids, "Oh, S***. G*** D*** M*** F***. Lovely. And he looks clean cut and normal and fine -- like someone's grandfather.

He had to annoyingly start the conversation with, "Well, bad news I'm afraid." Apparently, after we have gone a full week since he was here last, he ordered the wrong part. But he also has found a leak, which he had to refer to as "ANOTHER" leak that is there "AGAIN" because he remembers 2 years ago. I KNOW we had a leak in the drum 2 years ago. I know this is the second time. You do NOT need to remind me.

We have a service plan though, so we have to use this guy.

Bottom line of irritation for me is that he can never seem to get the thing fixed. 2 years ago he ordered a part and made us wait three weeks and then when it was finally here, he said "Oops, can't fix this. You need a new washer."

It looks like we're heading there again. He's coming back later and may say the same thing.

And if you had been here the last 1/2 hour, you would realize that I am more patient than most people think.

Dominyk has been crying and obsessiing about everything for a whole hour. Rand is upstairs acting like a 3 year old but not doing anything.

I may just have to intervene.

And oh yeah, we'll have to return to the laundromat. Last week we did 23 loads there. That's a LOT of quarters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had 9 girls come home last week from a week long camp.....at the same time that we were REALLY backed up on laundry (and yes, dh still thinks this "one washer" plan is working...another story there! lol).

We went to the laundromat. Holy smokes - you aren't kidding about a lot of quarters?!!

I don't know how many wash loads we did - but I know we used all 35 dryers of this very large laundromat! And almost $100 or something...I'm still trying not to think about it.....

Hope you get your washer fixed soon! Give the kids a popsicle every time they hear the repair guy swear? Something to cool them down from that heated language?

Or enjoy finding alternate language to substitute for his - and have them shout something out every time he swears?

Yeah, or you could just try to ignore it. Ignore or have fun. Both work. GOOD LUCK!