Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Time for Everything

This is the first time in my life that I have actually been too busy at a conference to spend time working. Other than essentials (emails and calls) I have been fully engaged in the conference. We left at 6:30 this morning and didn't arrive back to the hotel until 9:30 tonight.

Kari tells you about yesterday here. It too was a long day.

Tomorrow we don't have to leave quite as early.

Tonight it was dinner with Pat O'Brien and some of his staff from "you gotta believe" and a few others at the hotel restaurant. Three years ago I was all gaga about meeting him and being invited to appear on his radio talk show. Two and a half years ago, we went out to NYC and I was all gaga about being in a picture next to him.

But oh how times have changed. Tonight he asked to sit on my lap and I told him no. (He wants to be sure you know he asked in front of my husband and I'm sure he would appreciate me explaining the context ... but.... naw.)

Kari did awesome with her institute this afternoon. She's such a good presenter.

Tomorrow after our session I am going to spend some time attempting to sell books and possibly blogging NACAC. if you missed me tweating the first session this morning you might want to check it out. Good stuff.

Help me pray that we sell some books tomorrow or I'm going to have to be holding them on my lap all the way home instead of Pat....

No comments: