Saturday, August 15, 2009

What a Day!





It has been quite a day.... a long, not very exciting, tiring day of travel. But I got some things done.

We started the morning with breakfast and soon after stopped for gas. At that point I began to sign books, have Bart sign them, and put them in envelopes so we could find some unsuspecting post office in Indiana to mail them from. Fortunately, Mike is a very good assistant and by the time. As the pictures above tell you the story, we couldn't figure out a way to get to the post office. By the time we had stuffed everything, Mike was completely surrounded by books, and by the time we made it the post office ... well, both of the faces these men are making show their enthusiasm.

Then it was hours to drive -- and I mean hours. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and finally Wisconsin. White Castle for lunch, Glass NIckel Pizza for supper -- and in the meantime I tweeted and I tweeted. Set up a new account for 3rd Degree Parenting to separate out my foolishness and actually added some interesting ideas about sibling separation and adopting from foster care if you're interested in reading them.

I also read a complete book called Growing Up in the Care of Strangers while in the car. That, combined with figuring out how much profit (hint hint, very little) we are making per book took up much of my day.

We really discovered that the three of us are quite boring without Kari. We miss her.

3 comments:

Holly Magnuson said...

That means my books are in the mail!!?!??!?! YA! Now to come up with those questions! :)

GNzach said...

Sounds like a long day. What's your Twitter name? Also, what did you think of our (Glass Nickel Pizza Co.) pizza?

Claudia said...

Twitter name is either maeflye or 3rdegreeparent. Pizza was good that I was almost too tired to enjoy it. Service was great though.