Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two more Things about the book (and why I blog so much about the book)

ok, first the why.

One of my passions in life is that adoptive families should share their stories. Blogging, tweeting, facebook, speaking and books are a way we can do this. And our company, Third Degree Parenting, is all about helping people do that and doing it ourselves. So that is one reason why I keep sharing with you about the book -- hoping maybe you'll want to do the same thing some day.

The second reason is that ever since I started the blog 4 years ago it has been simply about dumping whatever is in my brain into your brains. ANd this is what is in my brain lately is dumping stuff about the book into your brains lately. Cuz that's what is in it. Along with many other things.

OK, two more things about the book. Thorn took time to add it to Goodreads and write a review and Jill has joined her in writing one. However, "Thorn" caught a huge error in it and I'm embarrassed. If you read her review she can tell you about it. I'm glad she caught it hough so I can fix it for the next printing which should be happening fairly soon.

The good news for those of you who have not read the book is that I am not going to raise the price of this defective book now until we reorder fixed ones. So, if you want a collectors item proving beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am dumb, or at the very least, careless beyond belief.

ANd finally, in case you didn't catch it in the last post, if you've been trying to send me a check and it came back, send it again. The addresses on the book websites are correct. Now.

SIgh.

No comments: