Thursday, August 06, 2009

Top Secret Information Revealed


To this point I have never disclosed on this blog where I work, but I have recently secured permission to do so and would like to share it with you and announce our upcoming training.

Permanent Family Resource Center specializes in the placement of older children from foster care. While we do have an infant program and will help those adopting internationally. adoption of waiting children is our passion.

On September 11th and 12th we will be holding the required 2 day training for pre-adoptive parents. You can see the flyer here. There are always two trainers, a parent and a professional, and we work together to give parents a clear idea of what it is like (and how important it is to) adopt older kids.

If you have been contemplating adopting, but haven' taken the first step, this just might be a good plan for you. Training can often help solidify a decision if you are still unsure. And besides, it's a great deal of fun.

I've also thought many times that families should take the 16 hour training a year or more after placement when it's actually a reality instead of a dream. Although it might be pricey for a refresher course, for 16 hours of training, meals included, it's not a bad deal.

So tell everyone that lives in Minnesota that is pondering adoption that it's time to get moving. The bigger the group, the more interaction and the more fun we can have, so I am hoping for several families to join us.

Email me if you have questions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I was closer. I would love to attend that training.