Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's a Great Day to...

Apparently my husband (you know, the box of chocolates) was in a fine mood this morning. Rand went to the church with him and he announced, “It’s a great day to Praise the Lord.”

On our way to get haircuts, Rand told us all about this when Jimmy exclaimed, “It’s a Great Day to Be A Cardinal!”

It turns out that our High School/Middle School principal says this at the end of her announcements every morning -- “it’s a great day to be a cardinal.” Now, I don’t think I even want to know about why we are the cardinals. We are surrounded by schools with mascots like Knights, TIgers, Huskies, and we are a tiny red bird.

Furthermore, for the Winterfest celebration in our town, our neighborhood has an “It’s a Cardinal Christmas” theme. Every single year we are pressured by our retired neighbors, to place a large red plywood bird on our lawn, and light it. Every year we have a hard time finding it, a hard time getting it to stand up, a hard time getting the lights to work, and it is a constant source of irritation for me.

It so reminds me of Grisham’s book.



or the movie Christmas with the Cranks, based on the book.



They had a similar issue with a huge Frosty -- and it cracks me up because I am sure if we didn’t put up the cardinal, we’d be treated as these folks were for not getting Frosty on their roof.

Anyway, I have really digressed, but I must say that I agree with Bart --It’s a Great Day to Praise the Lord -- but don’t agree with Jimmy. Anytime near Christmas and that last thing I want to hear is that it is a great day to be a Cardinal....

No comments: