Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wow, What a Great 24 hours

Last night, my friend/almost-ex-boss/pal Bill and I had a great dinner. I had these spinach mushroom quesadillas that were out of this world. Absolutely delightful.

Then I went to bed early, woke up early, blogged about Mimi as you know, and headed off to speak. Had my favorite for breakfast (Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit) and then went to present. What an incredibly receptive crowd. They made it much easier for me to speak -- their enthusiasm kept me "on" all day. They asked lots of questions and were totally into it and with me most of the day. I left feeling recharged and enthusiastic.

Then we drove through the beautiful cascade mountains. There was one scene that was more beautiful than anything I have seen in a long time. It was dusk ... there was a beautiful still lake, and rising above the lake was a range of mountains, with the sun setting in the background. It literally took my breath away and I am not one to value asthetics...

The song immediately ran through my head, "Oh, Lord, My God, when I in AWESOME WONDER, consider all the worlds thy hands have made...."

I also had a Jack in the Box Oreo Cookie milkshake. Now, those of you who are worried about my blood sugar can just give me a break. We don't have any Jack in the Boxes in MN and I love those shakes. It tasted so good.

Turns out the same menu is in this hotel and I'm having last night's quesadillas again.

If you think my life revolves around food, it doesn't, but God's beautiful creation, good food, and a presentation where I felt like I totally connected with the majority of the folks and didn't get a single bad evaluation, makes for a MIGHTY good day.

No comments: