Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Husband is a Box of Chocolates


I'm pretty sure he's not going to like this picture. BUT ....Not only does he like chocolate a lot more than I do, but as Forrest Gump said, he’s “like a box of chocolates -- you never know what you’re going to get.”

I am about as consistent as they come. As my husband says, I’m right on the verge of bitchy all the time. My mood seldom changes and I’m so predictable it’s scary. In fact, I was telling my 17 year old who still won’t do his chores hoping I won’t check, “Rand, you’ve lived with us for six years. Have I ever changed? One little bit?” He grumpily said, “Naw.” ANd I said, and I’m NOT GOING TO. So YOU NEED TO. I will always check your chores, every single time. so DO THEM!“

My husband, on the other hand, is, and I know he won’t like this term, a moody thing. Last night we got into one of our conversations that I hate -- when he is in his ”reflective intellectual“ mood arguing and debating an issue and I emotionally respond to it. Last night it was about poverty and middle class. He blogged about it. Many of the things we discussed were interesting and helped me understand our kids/family better, but some of the things he said were annoying.

I went to bed frustrated that he can be so negative and crabby sometimes.

He woke up and acted like the Pied Piper -- happily joking with the children and them following him around to soak up the good vibes.

So you see, every time I see him it’s like a new piece of chocolate... which while it can be frustrating, is also great -- because I hate being bored and at least with him there is always variety.

No comments: