Monday, July 10, 2006

And It Just Doesn't End

Well, the dishwasher is hooked up and theoretically it works. The washing machine, however, is a different story. After waiting for 3 weeks for the part to come in, when they get the old tub out they realize that the shell of the tub also has a whole in it and by the time we replaced that we might as well get a whole new machine.

And, as I’m sure you’ll recall, the washing machine incident is totally and completely my fault.

So they will refund us the money for the part, but we have had to pay $60 and wait three weeks (to the tune of $30 a week of quarters at least) to find out that we should have just bought a new washer three weeks ago.

It doesn’t help that the repair guy is an exact replica of the neighbor who sexually molested me as a pre-teen and when he starts his sentences with a smirk and the words, “I hate to be the one to tell you” I so feel like punching him. I know it’s transference, I’ve studied Freud, but I still am incredibly angry at him. Of course, it isn’t his fault he looks like him.

So, I’m off to Sears to order a new washer. They’re going to really love us there.

No comments: