Sunday, May 25, 2008

An Email I Received Friday...

from one of our friends was entitled "the little pill" (Except I don't really think it was the word pill. It was another word that required her to use symbols like $#@$&).

I am posting it here with her permission.

So, I was subbing at East today for Mr. P. (one of Tony's teachers).

Tony brought me a pass and told me he needed to leave at noon to go to the cities.

He sits down and the kid behind him asks him why he needs to go to the cities.

Tony tells him with all the seriousness in the world, "My brother died."

My heart immediately sunk to the floor.

I think the boy asked him "what?"

Again, he says, "my brother died."

I am sure all the color in my face is now gone.

The faces of all of your children flashed in front of my eyes.

I ask Tony, "Did you just say your brother died?"

He then fessed up and told the two of us he was going to his brother's graduation.

Had I not been so relieved that your children were ok, I would have thought about slugging him.

On another note, I found one of his assignments on the floor. I will bring it to church on Sunday.

No comments: