Thursday, February 19, 2009

ADHD Irony

Tony hates taking his pill for ADD. He says it makes it so he can't eat enough and he gets hungry. Of course, he weighs 214 and is only 5'6" and 14, so as the psychiatrist says in her delightful accent, "Antony ... we are not concerned about your weight at dis time."

He tells me he can't take the pill when i"m watching him but that I can trust him to take it. Well, I have my doubts, but this morning I let him try it and found the pill in the toilet. He had forgotten to flush.

Isn't that hilarious? I don't need my pill for ADD, but when I put it in the toilet to hide it I forgot to flush.

I'm still laughing.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Did you make him fish it out and take it? ewwww.....I know gross. However, I've seen my kids eat worse, on purpose.

Other Mother said...

That was a classic ADHD moment. Funny!!

yolie said...

That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

ali said...

hi Claudia
concerta comes back when you flush!!!!!! jack flushed his for a time too, but they kept coming back! my favorite was finding them stuck to the side of a water glass. sigh... these giuys are so goofy huh? they think we were born yesterday.
keep on, my friend.