Friday, May 09, 2008

I told you so...

I knew I shouldn’t have mentioned yesterday that Dominyk hadn’t had a meltdown all week, because boy was in I for one yesterday. He decided he wanted money to go to a garage sale. It had been my intention to leave the house before he got home with his PCA to avoid potential meltdowns, but I didn’t quite make it. When I told him no and started to head out to the van he followed me, and held the van door open so that I could not shut it to leave. When I finally got it shut by struggling with him, he started to pound on the window hard with his fist as I attempted to pull out of the garage.

The psychiatrist has no advice. She simply says that we cannot give in when he gets like that. So we don’t, but sometimes it is a little scary.

And then... Salinda... who apparently had had a bad day at school, came home and treated everyone in our home with utter disrespect, borrowing a phrase from Cindy, acting like Venom Girl. The problem was, she wanted a ride somewhere later in the day and none of us really felt like serving her. I tried to explain that to her, but it didn’t really work so well. Eventually I stopped trying and just gave her a ride and let it go.

Another long to do list today, including a visit to probation to set up work crew hours. Based on her mood last night, this should be a real treat.....

No comments: