Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Girly Girls



Sometimes I sit back and am amazed and how much I lucked out to have such beautiful daughters. Couldn't have genetically produced anything close to as beautiful as they are.

It's also a little hard for me (and a LOT hard for them) because they like girly stuff. The like to shop and take a LONG time to decide (not just wait until the JCPenney VIP 80% off clearance sale and walk in and grab one boys shirt of every size from the $1.77 rack and call it a day). They like to do things like paint their nails, put several lotions on after a shower, straighten or curl their hair (I forget to comb mine some days).

I had a moment when I was thinking about this at Sea World when I looked down at Salinda's feet and saw a Toe Ring. Oh my gosh, I thought. I have a daughter who is wearing a Toe Ring.

She's just SO beautiful and everything I'm not: poised, perfect, athletic, thin, compassionatee, empathetic, soft-spoken.

I love adoption! None of my gene pool has to pollute my children!

No comments: