Wednesday, August 24, 2005

it All Comes Crashing Down

Yesterday I had an awesome day. I had lunch with a friend of mine who is in a new position. He has worked hard to get where he is and seeing him sitting at his new desk after all the hard work was great fun. We hadn't had a chance to talk for a while, so it was fun to catch up.

I then spent six hours at the home of a family who just came home with seven new kids ages 15, 13, 8, 6, 5, 4, and 3. Gorgeous kids. Their two birth kids are doing well and they are going to do awesome with them. It was fun to be a part of it and to know that these kids probably would have not been adopted otherwise.

But as it always does, today all the elation of yesterday is replaced with exhaustian and annoyance. i have all the paperwork to do for the placement, which is going to take forever. Other things have happened which I will not blog about. I'm exhausted, crabby, whiiny and cold. My desk is a mess and I have two more appointments today in addiiton to parenting my children and supposedly doing laundry, etc.

I should have blogged last night, but I didn't get home until 10:30. Then I could have captured all that joy before it was nothing more than a distant, fadiing memory...

No comments: