Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Violating a Personal Policy

I have a personal policy against sweating and it has been repeatedly violated over the past week.

Today we walked to the hotel where the NACAC Conference is being held starting tomorrow. We, because we are this way, decided to go the cheapest route and stay in a different hotel.

Well, the walk down wasn't so bad for some reason. We took a longer route, but there must have been more shade or something because it didn't seem so bad.

The walk back up was shorter in duration, but I swear it was all uphill and the sun was blazing down and I have sweat dripping into my eyes, and I'm saying all kinds of things to myself like "I can't believe you let yourself get so out of shape. You're such an idiot. Why didn't you just pay the extra money for the hotel."

plus, I get to do that walk at least four or five more times this week.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get to heaven, after expressing gratitude for my wonderful life, is to ask God about metabolism, weight differentiation and why the HECK he made our bodies so that they needed exercise.

No comments: