Tuesday, October 16, 2007

As I was Lying So Snug in My Bed

at around 9:45 last night, the kids came running up. "It's the police, and we're not kidding this time."

(Last week Dominyk thought it would be funny to get me bolting out of bed with that announcement,)

So, I threw on my pants and headed down to talk to the officer. Turns out my daughter and her friend were caught in the middle of the day by a third girl's dad sleeping in her bedroom. The dad let them leave (they explained they had had a fight with their parents and needed to get away).

He later came to the police station and said he was kicking himself for not investigating further because now they had $300 missing.

I gave him some leads, explained a little more about the situation, thanked him for his efforts, and headed to bed, now completely awake and spend most of the night tossing, turning, etc. And I'm trying to shake yet another cold and really needed the sleep.

I was exhausted before a night with no sleep.

No comments: