Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Status of the Vehicle


We picked up the vehicle. It costs us $152 to get it out of the pound. Then I saw it. The front end has quite a bit of damage. We have a $1,000 deductible. Someday I'm going to blog about why we are broke, but it's one of those subjects I hate to even broach.

But anyway, we don't have the money to pay for the damage and we don't have money in the budget to pay for the towing. But the damaged car is in our driveway. And we paid the $152.

Kari drove it home for me. Before we left, I let her select the gas station where we would relieve ourselves and buy her a coffee. The picture above shows the facilities she chose. The station was being remodeled and they had these portapoties. At least they were deluxe ones, complete with showers. But no, we didn't shower.

Upon arriving in our driveway Kari reported, "I hope my kids don't ruin my mellow. Can you get high off residual pot smoke?"

1 comment:

FosterAbba said...

I'm glad that you got the car home. I'm very sorry it was damaged.

I know this is a little late (closing the barn door after the cows are already gone and all) but would it be worthwhile to install some sort of safe and/or lock box where you can put all your important things like keys, checkbooks, and cash?

But I really would file a claim against the police department that released the car to Mike. It might not stick, since they'll no doubt claim the car was damaged before they caught the kids the first time, but it's at least worth a shot.

I'm sorry you are going through this.