Monday, October 08, 2007

Your Last Chance

Just got off the phone with the Probation Officer. They are going to let Salinda come home. She's not going to have an ankle bracelet, but the P.O. told her this was her last chance. If she doesn't obey our rules and treat her siblings well, she will be in a lock down facility for at least 30 days.

The P.O. agrees that she could be at the point where she is ready to turn her life around. I certainly hope this was the wake up call she needed. I am relieved that she does get this chance, but I'm also afraid of where it could all head once again. But having a supportive and firm Probation Officer makes all the difference.

I have changed the poll. Knowing that several of you have had kids that you have had to visit in either Juvenile Detention or jail or who have been charged with an offense and you've had to go to court, I thought I'd see just how many of this that involves.

Since most of us are adoptive parents, I am wondering if that somehow increases the odds that they will be arrested? Is there any research on this that anyone knows of?

2 comments:

Yondalla said...

I had to vote "none and all my kids are over 21," but my answer is really, "None and my kids range from 13-24." (Current total: 6)

Ask me how many have been homeless since emancipation or to rehab, or to secure mental health faclities as minors and I'll give you a different answer

FosterAbba said...

Our "Ana" was arrested both before and after she stayed with us. At the moment, we have no idea where she is.

She turned 17 over the summer, so I expect that our county is not looking very hard for her.