Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Box

Ankle bracelets have boxes. They are big. They connect to your phone line. Last night at nearly 10 p.m. the monitoring place called. Apparently the fact that I had it plugged in in the office (where it was locked up) kept it too far away from where she usually is so they asked me to move it to the kitchen (unlocked). So I did that, requiring untangling a huge mass of cords all over the place, making me again being detained from sleep by the repurcussions of Salinda's choices.

This morning it was unplugged. When I questioned Salinda she was vehement and angry. I simply calmly reminded her that it was sad that I truly had no idea whether or not she was telling the truth. So she starts yelling at everyone "Who unplugged MY BOX?" as if their great sin was so shameful. She went on and on about our stupid family and how she was tired of all our s***.

Does it not occur to her that there would be no box had she not stolen a car? That her choices are the ones that have caused all this stuff to happen? Or does she know this, feel guilty, and have to make sure that she projects that anger on everyone else.

Who knows, but it sure is draining. I have a meeting with her Probation Officer today so we can discuss what her next best steps are.

But with all this stress, I just had to justify a little naughtiness on my part.

No comments: