Friday, October 12, 2007

The Countdown

This morning we have a conference call to learn more about our new boys who we will be meeting in just nine days. This month is just flying by.

yes, it was SEARS that has been messing up our washer repair for over 2 months now. I wasn't going to say the name UNTIL yesterday. When the woman called and said I had missed my chance, I told her that she needed to call the repair guy back and get him here NOW. I noiced on the answering machine that he had called earlier that day and left me his cell number.

When I called, it was not a Sears repairman but one of the small private repair servicesthey contract with. He was very nice and came right over. However, he said that Sears had never let him know i was home.

He was here for 45 minutes and discovered that our pump was clogged. The Sears guy who was here the first time never even checked the pump and immediately assumed it was a computer issue and ordered the new part that was no backorder for six weeks. Then the second Sears repairman came out and installed the new part, not checking the pump. The guy who came yesterday said that if he had come in August he would have been able to unclog the pump and saved us two months worth of annoyance. And, he should have charged me to clean the pump, but he's retiring today and decided he'd let it go.

So, the washer is working, and we have concluded that Sears .... well, you can fill in that sentence.

But while I'm cleaning up poor customer service issues, I must report the results of this issue with Dominoes pizza. They did send us certificates for three free large pizzas.

Today I'm going to be dealing with another customer service issue where yesterday I threatened to take our family of fourteen elsewhere if they didn't give me what I wanted..... but maybe they will, and if they do, I won't blog about it. But if they don't, look out!

2 comments:

Chris P said...

Come on! You have to blog about it now one way or another! You can't leave us hanging! :)

Mary said...

We had the same issues with our washer, only it was a different make/model. It must be something with washers that are truly necessary.....