Sunday, October 14, 2007

OK, So Maybe I'm Tired of Looking LIke a Fool

Salinda and friend stayed here all day yesterday and did things that teenage girls do. They did each other's hair. They watched movies. They laid low. I went to bed at ten feeling good about her choices but quite sick from this cold and craving a good night's sleep.

At 5:30 this morning her alarm went off because she forgot to shut it off from school days (yes, she has to have two hours to straightern her hair on school days... AAAH).

I discovered it at 6:30 and found an empty room. Both girls gone. I'm waiting until after 8 to call the other girls mother and the police.

I don't know if the other girl has a letter saying she needs to be detained if she is breaking rules or not. But Salinda does. I'm not sure that they will do anything, but I need to report it. The other girls parents won't be back until tonight and Bart and I have busy days ahead. Activities almost all day.

So, I don't know who is more stupid: Salinda for continuing to not take this seriously, or me for making it easier for her...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I doubt you are a fool, simply a Mom trying to give your daughter another chance. Some kids have to cross all the lines and suffer the resultant consequences before they learn. Hope her wake up happens sooner rather than later.

FosterAbba said...

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I can't imagine how hard this must be.

Yet, at the same time, I feel like singing:

Hi ho!
Hi ho!
It's of to jail we go!
We hope you'll all enjoy the show,
Hi ho!
Hi ho!


Sorry, it's probably a bad time for me to try to be funny, but I just can't quite help it.

If it's any consolation, I think you and Bart are all doing the right things. It's not your fault you have kids that are bent on doing wrong and destroying their lives.

~*~Hallie~*~ said...

I'm praying for you guys. I think you're handling this the best you could and I thought it was wonderful that you let her have a friend over, I don't think you're a fool at all. Sad though that she keeps making wrong choices...keep us updated and try to get a good nights rest.