Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Day Primarily Here

For the first time in a while, I get to sit here all day. I may have lunch with a frined, but otherwise, I am going to be catching up. I am starting to see, after 3.5 straight hours in my inbox yesterday, some light at the end of that tunnel. I am caught up on reports from visits, which means only that visits will start for me again in a week. I have finished the scrapbooks and subsidy negotiation paperwork for our new boys and have made arrangements for the other kids while we are gone. It may just be that by the end of today I can say that, while I'm never caught up, I am at least not feeling completely hopeless.

My desk, which was cleaned on Sunday, is back to being quite cluttered....

Salinda, not at all happy about the 3 zillion guidelines I've set up for her to go to the football game today, is showing glimpses of teenage girldom, something that she has been able to avoid several days, putting on her perfect face. Fortunately for her, I don't expect her to be perfect and void of teenage girl attitude. I'm sure she feels she's made it through yet another crisis, but in truth this whole thing is far from over. She still needs to comply with a social history and reappear in court in a few weeks for the disposition.

But for now I just need to get the kids to their respective schools, get some gas, and get back home.... and then I can hit the inbox.

No comments: