Sunday, July 08, 2007

Confessing to Worry, Though I Try Hard Not To

We have not heard a word about or from Mike in 3 weeks, other than the notice of his arrest and court hearing that we got in the mail. He has not called and nobody has told us they have seen him. I'm starting to worry about him. He doesn't carry identification, so if something happened to him, they wouldn't know who to contact.

More than likely he is out having a grand time, purposefully not calling us so that we will worry, or possibly not even remembering that we exist. He is most probably breaking the law and still unemployed.

So I do worry. I try not to, but I do. Always in the back of my mind is a running current of concern for him, prayer for him, and worry. I do not worry so much about John and Kyle as I know they are in good places. Kyle is beyond needing constant supervision and John is getting it, but Mike is truly out there on his own, with the common sense of a 6 year old in an 18 year old body.

So while I may not appear to be worrying much, you can believe that I am. Every moment of every day in the back of my mind.

No comments: