Friday, July 27, 2007

Day Two of the Conference

We discussed a trip to the beach this morning, but I simply felt too guilty. I am already going to be late to the first session because we spent too much time discussing whether or not I could go to the beach today. You'll crack up when you realize what was the clincher in making the decision....

If I went, I couldn't blog it.

Tomorrow I am going to be doing a workshop on Blogging and how could I have people looking at my blog and having one of the first things they find a whole blog about how I skipped the sessions I was supposed to attend in order to go to the beach? How could they find pictures of Bart picking up shells or me wading in the ocean, when I supposed to be a dedicated adoption parent and professional rapidly taking notes?

But how could I possibly go to the beach in Florida and not tell you??????

So, I'm going to the sessions, and we're going to the beach tonight. I'll be presenting this afternoon, and afterwards when I have no further responsibilities, I will head there.

Last night after supper we went to the showing of the video that Kari, Bart and I are all featured in. Afterwards we hung around talking with Mary Keane, who I mentioned last night, Pat O'Brien, and Kim Stevens, who is an employee of NACAC that I've known as an acquaintance for several years. Time slipped by as we told funny stores about our kids, discussed how you know you're "done adopting", and discussed the risks of getting too involved with teens who need to be adopted when you have a personality that will lead them to bring them home yourself.

We have unlimited phone calls in our room (came with the internet access for over $10 a day) so we called home and everything was fine. Salinda had even called just to see how we were doing. I returned her call and she was pleasant.

All's good and today I'm going to do the right thing. I'll attend the sessions, sit at the booth, and then wait until tonight to go to the beach. Then I can tell you all about it.

No comments: