Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Long, exhausting Day

Last night's disobedience results in todays consequences. But it isn't just an easy "here's your consequence" conversation. It's a conversation that will last as long as I"m wiling to engage about how impossible it is to be a good human being when a person has a mother like me. And a family like this. And messed up brothers.

Everyone else needs to change. Except her. We're the reasons Mike and John have turned out like they have -- we pushed them by being too strict. Nobody can possibly live within our rules. And it goes on and on and on.

And when the conversation is over, she's mad at me. Last night I was just minding my own business, doing my job, come home and BOOM -- breaking the rules and lying on top of it all.

And at the end, who is to blame?

Of course, it's me.

Because after all, I am fat.

2 comments:

debbie said...

claudia, just a little tip for what it is worth. when you start to argue with a child, you have already lost. she does not have to see your point of view. she does, however, have to abide by it. you most certainly do not have to justify every parental decision.

Claudia said...

Actually, they aren't really arguments per se.

And I intentionally engage her because usually she talks very little.

With other kids though, I totally agree....