Saturday, July 21, 2007

What the Fletchers Are Doing Today

For the first time since March, I forgot about Ricardo's soccer practice. I just completely spaced it off. He's still sleeping and will not be happy when he wakes up. But he's 13 and has an alarm clock in his room. Maybe he'll start realizing he can't rely on me for absolutely everything. I am still shaking my head at myself that I forgot.

If you have followed my blog for a while, you will remember a commentor named Mike Benson. Turns out he is a videographer from LA who is doing a documentary on FASD. You can check out some of his work on this website. Anyway, he has come to Minnesota an will be interviewing me this morning (after taking me out to lunch) and then will spend the afternoon with Kari. Tonight we're having a picnic to allow him to meet some other famileis with kids with FASD. Bart is busy making a new red potato salad, complete with small pieces of disgusting celery. I"m enjoying some time with my laptop in the recliner in our bedroom.

We are also getting Tony ready for boyscout camp which starts tomorrow morning. It will be followed by two weeks with Bart's mom so he will have a 3 week break from us and we from him. Everyone needs it and he is very excited.

Kyle is home for the weekend and all engrossed in the new Harry Potter book. He seems very settled at this point in his life -- he used to be such a frantic person, always wanting more and enver satisfied, so it is nice to see him a little more relaxed.

Tommorrow Mike Benson is interviewing Bart and either Bart or I will take Kyle back to St. Paul.

We are also preparing for our trip to the NACAC conference which we leave for on Wednesday.

I have a raspy cough and am tired a lot lately. But I have 4 of the 6 projects I needed to complete before I leave done, and my inbox is below 10, so I'm feeling better about my work life.

At this moment, life is good. Very good.

No comments: