Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Days Like This When I Wish I Didn't Blog

Salinda decided to take off last night and didn't come home. I figured, after having already been through this with two kids, that it would get easier, but it isn't. And her being a girl doesn't help.

In addition, we are realizing that we definitely have to do something about Mike.

I wish I could report that I am handling all this very well and that I am feeling victorious and on top of things, but I've not yet lied in any of my 2612 posts, so why would I start now?

She left a note saying she knew she shouldn't go, she was confused and trying to decide who she wanted to be, that she would call later, that she was fine and I shouldn't worry, and that she loved me lots.

Haven't heard from her in almost 12 hours.

I guess my frustratoin is that no matter how many times this kind of thing happens, I just am not to the point yet where I can chalk it up to the teenage angst and not get overly stressed. Maybe the reason it is harder is that I have seen where two of our boys have ended up because they started heading down a path by doing what she is doing and I so don't want that for her.

Heavy, heavy sigh.

And so today, for some reason, I feel as though I'm a failure. And having this blog and NOT telling you about something this significant would somehow take away from the honesty of the whole endeavor. But having to admit to you that we have a third child who has decided that they will not be grounded, but will run, makes me less than enthusiastic to post.

4 comments:

debbie said...

claudia, i don't know any wise words, but please know that i am thinking of you and i support all that you do.

Mammy said...

I think it was Cindy who was saying something about teen girls being soldiers for satan...all silly humor aside, i think it's true to a degree.

I know you've got to be sick with the "here-we-go-again" dread. Sorry, this just sucks. :(

I'll be praying for ya'll.

Gawdess said...

I'm sorry and I'm keeping your family in my thoughts.

AdoptiveMomma said...

"Success is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition he has encountered and the courage with which he has maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."

Charles Lindbergh