Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Around and Around We Go

Last night around 9:30, Salinda forgot she was incredibly angry with me. This is after she refused to come to supper (Giving Bart the opportunity to explain the concept of hunger strike to the remaining children at the table) and was nasty mean to me for the WHOLE DAY, she all the sudden forgot she was playing that game and everything was fine.

When I woke Sadie up for summer school this morning, she rolled over, and said, "hi mom" with as close to a smile as I've seen in a while and my brain started to swirl. Keeping up with her moods is difficult, even for someone who is emotionally pretty fit (as opposed to physically).

So we'll start the day on a different note, for which I am relieved, and we'll take another ride around the carousel, or, if it is like yesterday, a screaming roller coaster ride....

But we'll keep riding.... because the alternative is unthinkable.

No comments: