Sunday, July 01, 2007

I Knew it Would Happen

There are two kinds of people in the world.

1) The kind who needs closure.


I also think that people can either be characterized as survivors or victims. When an impossible situation presents itself, a survivor will take on the challenge, figure out a way to get around the obstacle, and make things happen. A victim, when presented with the smallest obstacle, will sit down and say, "Looks like I'm screwed again."

This morning, I knew the words, "It looks like I"m not going to camp" was going to come out of one of my perpetual victim's mouth. It wasn't 15 minutes after he got up that he couldn't find something and those were the first words out of his mouth.

I had my morning all planned out again. I don't know why I do that. I had everyone packed, their chothes for this morning laid out, and a couple even had showers last night so they would be ready. I was going to let them sleep a little longer and we'd be out the door.

But of course they were up before I was, bickering, squabbling, screaming... and testing me to the end of my last nerve. They were ready a full half hour before time to leave (but of course we have to wait for the girls to straighten their hair so they can curl it or whatever).

The four youngest kids go to church camp with Bart and the other kids and I (or whoever wants to) are taking Kyle back to his apartment at college. I will enjoy the break and I appreciate having an opportunity to work, but I've been doing little else for a while and I'm starting to get stir crazy.

We're off to church for another Sunday...

No comments: