Monday, July 09, 2007

An Endurance Test

Parenting teenage girls is an endurance test. One long hilly marathon with impossible stretches where you feel like your legs are giving out and your lungs are going to collapse and you're just not going to be able to make it. And when you are climbing up yet another hill and you're questioning your ability to make it, you can scarsely remember the great views you've seen during the run, or the times when the road was flat, or the ocassions when you're enjoyed the scenery.

Right now I'm having a hard time remembering anything positive about this particular run. I haven't been able to breathe any oxygen today as she has sucked it out of the air. I'm tired of being mistreated when she screws up and I've been the only one home all day, thus I'm the only one she can take everything out on. I feel sorry for the rest of the family who will return soon and be attacked. She could rival Cindy's daughter who she has called Viper Girl with the nastiness she is going to poor out on all of her siblings as soon as she can.

I determined this morning that i was not going to get into it with her today. I stated her consequences, and went about my business. But boy is she setting out to punish me. Rude as she can be in every way she can be. But as always, I'll survive.

No comments: