Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Greetings from MSP Gate G-13

Bart and I are both sitting at a table at the gate online, processing email. I mentioned when we left that I was used to leaving for the NACAC convention feeling very upset and stressed about the kids and returning feeling much better about them. This year, I am feeling very good about them when I leave, so I wonder how I'll returned.

We had a great evening last night. I took Salinda to her friends' and she hugged me and told me she loved me. She is very proud of herself that she has made it 9 days without getting in major trouble. I'm proud of her too. It's the best week she's had in the last 3 months for sure.

Sadie wrote a very cute note, which I will type here later. She gave us long hugs and told us she loved us.

Rand and Jimmy both said goodnight and good-bye and said they would miss us. I think they are excited about us being gone. They are somewhat independent this week and I know they are planning on doing severely naughty things (from their perspective) this week like watching TV after ten or something equally as sinful. Dominyk's PCA will be spending the night, but during the day they will be on their own.

Ricardo came with us and we left at 5:50 a.m. He slept most of the trip up and Bart and I had a nice, relaxed conversation about basically nothing -- the kind of conversations we never get to have at home because we are interrupted so much. When we are home, conversation time has to be reserved for serious important stuff.

Ricardo dropped his stuff off at Kyle's house and we picked up Kyle and came to the airport. He'll take care of making sure that Ricardo is at both of his state tournament soccer games this weekend in exchange for usage of our car for the next four days... Ricardo idolizes Kyle and is very excited.

Check in was painless, the security line short, and the gate only a half mile from the entrance instead of 3. I rememberd to go to the library and have four mindless novels to read. WE got a table to sit at, the wireless works fine, and I'll have enough battery power to get me until we board.

life doesn't get much better than this

No comments: