Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Aptly Named Blog

I am blogging from our bedroom way past my bedtime. Bart is still in the E.R. with Mike. Apparently the very first time we let him out of our site, his friends decide to see how many Cloricidin they can take in order to get a buzz. Fortunately, for Mike's sake, he told us what he took and we looked it up on the internet. He couldn't tell us how many he took, so we decided to err on the side of caution. Bart took him in and they immediately put him on an IV as he had irregular breathing and his pupils were dialated. He's pretty out of it, but when Bart called he said he was very apologetic.

The impulsivity of FAS is so scary and the temptation is to never let the kids out of our site. But when they are 17 you have to give them some freedom or they can't stand it. So I guess we just take this step and hope he learns from it, though learning from mistakes isn't his specialty.

At any rate, Never a Dull Moment is indeed a perfect name for this blog...

1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh Claudia, I am sorry to hear this. This is what scares me about raising my kids who have FASD. They tolerate 100% supervision now but when they are teenagers it is going to be a real struggle to keep them safe from themselves. In our world having the body of a 17 year old and the judgment of a 6 year old is a scary thought. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. ~Kari