Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update

Well, we've made it as far as Grand Rapids. We stopped and had lunch with Bart's mom, sister, and aunt. Now we've stopped to check email. The guy at Thistledew just called and said we could arrive early if we wanted to, so we're going to leave in a few minutes to get the "family circle" meeting over with.

Seeing the silver lining of the cloud, Bart and I had lots of quality time to talk in the car. We have been on the road for about 6 hours. We also have gotten to see beautiful fall colors as the trees up here are red, yellow, orange and green. Amazing.

I'm not looking forward to the family meeting, probably due to the fact that almost every one we've ever had implicates me, more than anything as being responsible for the boys behavior. But let me tell you this. I've never been pregnant, and I've never had a drink, so why I'm the one to blame for Mike's FASD is beyond me.

Will report back later.

1 comment:

FosterAbba said...

Well of course it's your fault, your the mom!

(Notice my tongue pressed firmly into my cheek)

It's easy for social workers, educators, law enforcement, etc. to blame you because you are an easy target. You are there.

They can't blame the biological mom -- she's long gone. They can't blame the kid -- he's disabled. They can't blame the schools -- after all the schools are perfect. But, they can blame you because you are there and it's easy.

It's not fair and it's not right, but there it is.