Friday, September 15, 2006

A Good Night Sleep and Moody Girls

So, yesterday was my birthday and it turned out to be not so bad. I got lots of quality time with my husband, who considering the circumstances, was in pretty good spirits. We enjoyed several significant conversations, bantered quite a bit (his quick wit is awesome fun -- he's SO bright) and strategized about things like how to best help Mike, how to grow our church, and what I could do to work more effectively in my jobs. In addition, we saw incredible fall colors (we hope to take pictures today and blog them tomorrow).

I also ate lots of things I really like that I shouldn't eat. I had Krispy Kreme donuts. I had Sour Cream and Onion Tato Skins. I had a McDonalds Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit which is about the worst thing you can have in ANY diet out there. I love them. I figured "It's my birthday and I'll eat what I want to, eat what I want to, you would eat too if it happened to you."

And as I reported, the conversation with Mike was phenomenal, providing us with hope. He is so proud of himself for completing a difficult program, getting good grades, being the best kid in his graduating class, (there are 8 who started, 7 who will "graduate"). Our only option at this point is to encourage him, be proud of him, and even though we expressed doubts in our honest family circle meeting, we need to now cheer him on and pray hard.

Before I went to bed last night, Salinda called about a paper for school. Her attitude and mood were completely different than they had been thirty minutes earlier. She mentioned nothing about hanging up on me earlier, and said, "Goodnight, Mom. Love you." Wow, how the moods do change.

Then last night I went to bed around 9:15. I was exhausted and there was nothing to keep me up and, after all, it was my birthday. I slept until 7 and woke up refreshed. This morning I am going to write a home study addendum, and then Mike's graduation is at 1 and we head home.

There will be challenging days ahead, but for right now I feel hopeful and full of faith that God is going to carry us through. And, as has happened in the past, i will look back to this blog post in the future to remind myself of this feeling.

No comments: