Friday, September 22, 2006

Worth $100 an hour

Yesterday afternoon we got to the gate in Toledo and the airline person said, “We are overbooked and looking for people to take a later flight in exchange for a $150.00 travel voucher.” I said, “I better let my husband make the decision.”

I was excited that I would be able to report to him that I could sit around and do nothing and make $100 an hour (I would have been home 90 minutes later). But when I called, he said, “I think I’d rather have you home than have the $150.00).

Wow. That felt good. So I came home and even though the drive was crappy, I made it safely and was able to see all the kids before I went to bed.

This morning, Mike was redirectable. I’ve found that this is a KEY element. All of our kids have their issues, and if they can be redirected it makes all the difference. He had done his chores half way yesterday and I told him how to do it better next time. A few minutes later I found him redoing them! I thought I’d faint.

But we’ve made it a week. There are still many more weeks to go in his life with or without us, but I’m glad the first one has been uneventful. Bart shared his feelings in his blog while I was gone.

No comments: