Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Emotional Night

Last night was an emotional one for me. I was tired after two days with the videographer... she was awesome, don’t get me wrong, but a change in schedule wires up the kids and the conversations we had were thought provoking and intense, and after those kinds of conversations I’m a little drained. I also had a staffing by phone that was very confusing to me. It was a match I really wanted to see happen and I couldn’t read the way things went.

After dropping the videographer off at the airport, I met my friend, Tia, who I hadn’t seen for 7 or eight years. Her husband, Marcial, passed away two months ago. She and her daughter and I went out to lunch and we had a great time, but the whole thing is just so sad. Tia had had a hard day, and so had her daughter. Grieving is tough stuff.

I then had a Spanish Orientation meeting for my job and returned home late at night. This morning I have two IEP meetings starting at 7:30. I’m feeling more and more exhausted each day, but have so much to do that I can’t stop.




2 comments:

Linda B said...

Claudia,
You are going to come down crashing one day and that won't be good for you or your family-you HAVE to slow down or take a break. There is just too much out there to do for one person and you can't be that super hero to fix it all. You already are a hero for what you have done for so many kids, but remember you have your family to stay healthy for and that means well rested. I hear being well rested is a pretty cool feeling!! SLOW DOWN!!!!!

Claudia said...

I appreciate your recommendations. But do you realize that you're talking to a BRICK WALL! :-)