Monday, September 11, 2006

Long Evening

Supper was fine. Turns out the lasagna was really a spaghetti pie, but it was still an OK meal. Then Tony and Adam came up with a plan to put soap and water on the tramp. (I’ll post pictures tomorrow). Everyone got pretty hyper though, resulting in the dog being out of sorts and nipping at people. Anna cried, Ben was snapping people with his wet underwear, and when they left Tony and Dominyk were just relentlessly annoying.

But we’re an hour a way from bedtime, the kitchen is cleaned, and everyone is thinking they might settle down at some point. I’m in the process of burning CDs for people with Christian music on them so that they can go to bed listening to them instead of rap. Gag, I really don’t like rap.

I’m doing some research on how to make money on the internet, and it turns out that I’m not supposed to ask anyone to click on ads for me. Also turns out that you really have to have a lot of volume on your website and write about something very specific yet popular in order to get people to keep coming back -- things like digital photography or technical stuff, or, even a blog about how to make money blogging.

But a blog like this that the same people read all the time isn’t a get rich quick scheme. I guess I should have figured that out before.

I guess if someone wants to make money, every entry has to be profound and make people unable to not read it. I would say one of every 100 posts on this blog is actually worth the cyber space it’s printed on.

But it keeps me going. And reading my friend’s blogs keeps my life in perspective.



No comments: