Monday, September 11, 2006

So Much Potential

Last night we had another great meet and greet at church. In the morning, my Sunday School class had about 15 people there -- I don’t think anyone expected that. We are coming across so many people who have been on the “fringes“ of the church for a long time and it is amazing how easy it would be for the church to grow if we can find a way to get everyone plugged back in.

We have very busy days coming up and so many exciting things in our lives we can be grateful for and be investing our time in. It’s great to wake up knowing that no matter what I focus on or how I spend my day, I will like it.

Here are some of those things:

1) Our kids. The seven who are home right now are doing fairly well. Spending time with them is different than it was when they were little and sometimes we miss the days of tying shoes, combing hair, and playing imaginative games. But the conversations we have as they are in their teens can be fun (though challenging) as well.

2) Our church. Talk about potential! So many people to meet and so many ways to build relationships with them and encourage them to connect with one another.

3) My jobs. Now that social workers are back to work and done vacationing, they are ready to match, increasing my Adopt America Network activity by leaps and bounds. I LOVE matching so I can’t get enough of this and have to control myself so I don’t work too much. My second job is exciting as well, with families interested in adopting popping up everywhere and we haven’t even started advertising.

4) My blogs. I am excited about the potential of the Adoption Think Tank and Adoption Blog Central. The Think Tank needs reorganizing, but I’m pleased with the progress I made yesterday.

5) Things from the past that I have started and are still moving along. We have the SNACC picnic coming up which lots of people have already said they are coming to and then there is always LAFTER.

So see, no matter where I turn there are exciting things to do. I’m so glad I’m not bored.

No comments: