Monday, September 25, 2006

Idea for Christmas Gifts






I came across this site today and thought of all of the possibilities for Christmas gifts. In the past I have made calendars for everyone for Christmas and they have loved them. They take a lot of work, but for some reason grandparents especially always want gifts that has a picture on it. There only so many ideas out there, though, so seeing something new is pretty exciting.

One of the things that I was hoping to do this year is to get the kids involved in the project. Last year they helped with punching holes in the calendars and had a great time. But I think that kids would have a blast doing some other things with our pictures as well. Now that I have a new camera that has high resolution this will give us even better pictures to work with.

Looking around for some ideas, I came across Pixifun Photo Kits. This website has cheap kits that you can buy to create cool and fun stuff with your digital photos. I think that the good shots I take of the kids (you know, the one in 200 shots that actually turn out good) would make great gifts for relatives.

With this particular kit you can make Photo Key Rings, Photo DVD and CD Labels, Magnets, ID Stickers, etc. Kits are as cheap as $4.99 and shipping is free.

An example of what a great buy this is, you can make 6 key rings with one kit. If the kit is about $5, that’s less than a dollar a piece. There are very few places where you can get a personalized gift for less than a dollar.

I’m trying to figure out how to budget enough time to actually get some of these done by Christmas time. I figure if I ordered them today I might just be able to get it done. But, if I don’t get to it, and you do and try it, let me know if they work well.

No comments: