Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Everyone Has an Agenda


As my kids are getting older, everybody has an agenda and a plan. They each come home with their own plan for the evening, and somehow each of them have thoughts as to how I will make it happen for them. Part of the trick of a large family is getting people to work together to make everything happen. Our challenge has been that as our little kids have gotten bigger, our big kids have not been available to help make things happen -- Kyle is at college, where he is supposed to be, but the fact that John and Mike aren’t even close to being trustworthy enough to have a license, not to mention the fact that they are both in detention, means that all the other kids are relying on me, with the help of Rand, and Bart when he is hear and feeling well, to meet their needs.

Lately, it’s been a little overwhelming and we aren’t even at the maximum peak time of year left. Right now we only have two kids in football, one in tennis, three in choir, one in dance, one planning to be in bells, and two in confirmation. And we only have to deal with three schools.

I can only be in one place at a time, unfortunately, And tonight I’ve felt like I needed to be three people in at least three different places at once.

1 comment:

AdoptiveMomma said...

yep, I can relate - although we only have 5 at home, and one trustworthy teenage driver. I'm still trying to get them all to put their activities on the calendar. DS18 is finding out he doesn't get picked up from work very promptly if he doesn't pre-arrange it...