Thursday, September 14, 2006

Note to Self: Blog Before Calling Home

Our "family circle" was actually the best conversation we have ever had with Mike. He seemingly has come to all of the conclusions mentally that we've ever hoped he would. He has realized that we are the only people who truly love him and that he can trust us. He realizes that when he makes his own decisions without us that things don't go well. He says he has learned that running away from his problems and not accepting responsibility don't get him anywhere.

I left the meeting feeling reservedly hopeful. He is genuinely proud of himself and has obviously made good progress. It's a great setting and appears to be an effective program. So we're praying and hoping that he can do what he needs to do.

Bart and I then celebrated my birthday at a great restaurant. We loved the ambiance. But the restaurant was crowded and it took a long time for us to get our food. The virgin daquiri I ordered wasn't virgin, so I had the first sip of alcohol that I've had on my lips in over 20 years. (The last time it was only a sip as well. I've never had even half a drink in my life). Then I had her return it. Then my "shaved" steak sandwich included a whole steak instead, so i had to really chew in order to digest it (after my failed expensive surgery).

Came home feeling quite good about my day until my daughters called each with plans for tomorrow night that they had already made. Unfortunately, we won't be home and Dominyk's PCA is already putting up with 6 other kids besides Dominyk for no extra pay. I wasn't going to add a few more into the mix.

Result: Salinda hung up on me and Sadie said, "FINE, BYE!"

Happy Birthday to you too, girls!

No comments: