Friday, August 11, 2006

Blogging from the Bedroom Alone

I don’t know why I write my final peaceful post before I find out if it is really final. Bart went to watch the movie and it was my job to “do” bedtime.

There is no crisis, but the one who had her cell phone confiscated last night is already thinking it is time to get it back. She is starting her “punish me, I’ll punish her” routine and I find it horribly annoying.

Bottom line is that she is emotionally and physically exhausted from being up so late almost every night this week and then reeling in the aftermath of John’s situation and her own altercation last night. So I am trying to be patient with her, but I am so tired myself that it hasn’t been going well.

I have never had a hard time giving consequences to the boys all these years. But she is so mean and vindictive when I do, that I have to force myself to discuss anything the most remotely unpleasant with her. Maybe it is just because it’s uncharted territory and I’ll get used to it.

No comments: