Monday, August 14, 2006

In an Hour...

In one hour the probation officer and representative from Human Services will be arriving at our home to discuss the situation with John. During this next hour I will need to organize paperwork to prepare for their arrival, making copies of what is pertinent. I don’t look forward to reliving it all once again.

Yesterday was a packed-full day. Church was great -- Bart talked about Jesus saying he was the “Bread of Life” and described homemade bread so superbly that by the end of the sermon we were all longing for both a piece of homemade bread AND the satisfaction that comes on feasting on Jesus Himself.

In the afternoon Sadie and Paula's two daughters (who were here for our wonderful week of trauma) and I went to meet Paula halfway so the girls could go home.

We came back, I ran some errands, and then Bart and I finished cleaning up the house and getting ready for our meet and greet. We had a wonderful time with the folks who came -- and much to our surprise, were treated to homemade bread and jam. The snacks we had prepared were barely touched.

Then I dealt with more John aftermath in the form of Salinda’s horribly nasty attitude and climbed into bed exhausted, frustrated, and not looking forward to this morning. Fortunately, I woke up a little more emotionally prepared to meet the day, but not much...

No comments: